Monday, January 8, 2007

Beiden, Obama, Clinton, or Edwards in '08

I am so impressed with the slate of Democratic candidates for '06 so far. I will be glad to work for the general election campaign of any of them. The average quality of the Democratic candidate is way up this cycle. I had hoped Biden would run in '04. He could have beat Bush like a drum. Obama is simply the finest political orator to take the stage in my lifetime. (Kennedy was assassinated the year before I was born.) Edwards is in the right place on the economic issues like no other. I am slightly less enthusiastic about Ms Clinton because she seems to calculating and not true enough to herself, but if she can beat this field then she will have earned my respect for her as a candidate. It will be so good to have some one to vote for rather than voting against the other guy for a change.

No comments: